I've been reading this sites advince on its 118 ways to save money in college..Perfect right?
So far here are a few I really need to implement:
#7-Save that spare change you’ve got jangling in your pocket or sloshing around in the bottom of your backpack or purse in a big jar or can somewhere out of the way.
- Buy the cheap stuff. Pabst Blue Ribbon and Old English 40 oz. bottles come to mind ;)
- Buy in bulk. A cheap 5th of Vodka might cost about the same as a drink or two at a bar.
- Drink where the specials are. Some college bars and dance clubs have pitcher specials, 1 dollar drink specials, no cover charge, or other specials for people going out early or going out on slower nights.
- Pre-game if you do drink heavily.
- Don't bring much money with you to limit how much you drink and spend.
- Hit other people’s parties.
#28-If you’re on a date, prepare a simple, candlelit dinner and stay in; it’s not the food that counts, but the ambianc. Get your roommates to stay out for the night. Bonus ambiance tip: don't forget the Courvoisier.
#29-Save your tip if the pizza guy gets lost, your order is messed up, or he is lacking in customer service and general niceness.
#36- Decline extended warranties. Your computer should be under manufacturer’s warranty for the first year anyway. Companies dupe you into believing the plan is worthwhile. They become rich off your extra cash. Anything extra is likely just….extra.
#41-Forget about the T.V. You can watch cable television through your computer. Make sure your desktop or laptop has a DVD/CD player and you can also watch your favorite movies. Your laptop has graphics equal to most HDTVs, so enjoy.
#76-Don’t shop hungry, and that goes for any kind of shopping. If you’re in the grocery store, you’ll grab more and spend more; if you’re somewhere else you’ll probably spend more than you planned getting something to eat. Carry a snack in your purse or backpack.
#110-We're not endorsing prostitution, but if you can give some of yourself by donating blood plasma, you can net an extra couple hundred dollars a month. But, be careful if you try combining this with alchohol. ;)
And at that, I leave you with the amazing dancing dog.